Today, sustainability is no longer about doing less harm, but about doing more good.
The Green Deposits programme offers you a platform to fulfil your sustainability goals by investing your surplus cash balances into actions that matter the most.
- Funds from the Green Deposits are used to invest in environmentally beneficial projects and initiatives
- The amount for Green Deposits will be subject to limits basis availability of eligible projects & businesses
- Available in INR and as a Term Deposit
Who Is It For?
- Companies looking for inclusion of sustainability agenda into their treasury activities
- Companies with limited opportunities for investment in environmentally beneficial projects
- Companies who prefer investing their surplus cash in deposits rather than in marketable securities (e.g. bonds)
How Does It Work
Your funds will be committed towards a portfolio of green assets that meet the industry standards and/or HSBC’s own internal framework on your behalf.
As we work to help you achieve your sustainability goals, we are dedicated to following causes*:
- Biodiversity conservation
- Clean transportation
- Climate change adaptation
- Energy efficiency
- Green buildings
- Pollution prevention and control
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable resource management
*Examples of green project themes shown above are nonexhaustive and for illustration purposes only.
WHY Green Deposits
Simple⚬ Get stable principal and predictable returns
Ease of use⚬ Place deposits using a simple process that is similar to how you would place a regular term deposit
Green⚬ Contribute to your sustainability agendas
Reputational⚬ Demonstrate your role towards achieving a low-carbon and clean environment to investors
Get in touch with us
The list of eligible categories of projects and businesses, is aligned to the HSBC Green Bond Framework and to Green Loan Principles.
HSBC is fully committed to its agreed sustainability approach and compliance with the sustainability commitments that the Bank has made in the public domain. For more information on HSBC sustainability activities and policies, please see the HSBC Group Sustainability page at http://www.hsbc.com/citizenship/sustainability and Green Bond Framework at https://www.hsbc.com/investors/fixed-income-investors/green-and-sustainability-bonds
HSBC has developed specific Sustainability Risk Policies for sectors in which it has considerable business and where there is potentially high adverse impacts on people and the environment. More information can be found at http://www.hsbc.com/citizenship/sustainability/finance